Friday, May 16, 2008

Most of The Universe Is Made of Dark Matter

I once heard someone say that if the average women’s waist size is 14, then “plus-size” shouldn’t be a fetish, because it’s more common than skinny. I also read that only about 4% of the total energy density in the universe can be seen directly, meaning it has light. About 22% is thought to be composed of dark matter, and 74% is thought to consist of dark energy. So 96% of everything is composed of darkness, if this is to be believed. So if darkness is way more common than light, maybe dark hearts and dark souls are actually the norm, and shouldn’t be looked at as anti-social and contrary to a normal society. Maybe most of us got this life thing all twisted. Brings to mind something I heard on television yesterday, which I’ll paraphrase for you:

‘With all that we go through, the question shouldn’t be how does one go crazy, but rather, how does one not go crazy.’

Today’s blog is dedicated to one person you may or may not be familiar with. I just want to give you my perspective on this particular soul. Whether you f*x with him or not, I hope you glean something from this…

DMX pleaded not guilty to felony drug possession and misdemeanor animal cruelty charges. He has the “law-breaking rapper” and “Michael Vick” thing working against him on this one. Besides finding him in possession of a felony amount of weed and paraphernalia, authorities raided his home to find 12 dehydrated, underfed pit bulls. Three were found buried in his back yard.

Electrifying conclusion: “Feel the pain, feel the joy/ of a man who is forever at war” - Look Thru My Eyes


X was, and may still be, a great rapper, if less relevant in today’s rap landscape. Pretty entertaining actor also. I totally believe this guy has issues that will keep him in hot water until he’s, unfortunately, cooked. It’s really on some Mike Tyson shit with X. His music helped me through many struggles, still does actually. But like I said before, rappers won’t get away with shit like in the past. They used to just get arrested; now they serve time – real time. The kinda time they didn’t even serve when they weren’t famous. And X already has some bad marks on his record. Then again, I thought T.I. was done for, and look how his situation turned out. But maybe Darkman doesn’t have T.I. paper? Who knows? I grew up around many similar characters, and as an adult I’m more in tune to the energies that produce such types. That’s probably why I’m writing about this, when many folks probably feel like, “DMX? So what?” But lemme just take a sec to share some of the words he’s used to help me out:


“Walk in my shoes, hurt your feet/

Then know why I do dirt in the street…”


Simple words from X that made me really, truly realize that there’s no way of understanding the things someone does unless you are that someone, and can feel their pain. Judging is part of being human, and that’s why we are just that. Human. God-like maybe, but not God.


“Take away hate, now I'm supposed to love the one that cursed me/

The one that wouldn't give me a cup of water when I was thirsty/

It was always him versus me, but now I gotta teach him/

Personal feelings put aside, cuz now I gotta reach him/

What I'd like to do is turn my head, like I don't know him/

But it seems like I've been called on to show him, so I'ma show him/

And if you never met me, then you've no right to judge me/

I've got a good heart but this heart can get ugly/”


This holds lots of meanings for me. How often do you show love to those who wrong you? What value is there in being good to people who are cool as shit? I’m just throwing it out there. If you wished everyone was cool and peaceful, wouldn’t it make sense to work on those who aren’t? Most of the time, your cool peoples are innately just like that. They have enough energy to maintain it. It’s the negative folks who often lack positive energy to maybe change their way of being. But it’s extremely hard to be around such people, I know. Walking away from negative people may not always be the answer though. Although trying to share your energy is a huge sacrifice, not to mention the fact that it can seem a bit condescending on some “I’m here to save you” type shit.


“I sold my soul to the devil, and the price was cheap/

Ayo it's cold on this level, cause it's twice as deep/

But you don't hear me, ignorance is bliss, and so on/

Sometimes it's better to be thought dumb, Shall I go on?”


I really feel this because he admitted something I could never see myself even considering. Plus, his monosyllabic rhyme game is mega-tight.


“If this is hell, call me the devil and get me the key/

but it can't be worst than the curse that was given to me/

It's what I live for, you take away that and I'm gone/

There's a difference between doin' wrong and being wrong/”


Wow, what kinda torture must you be going through to feel like Hell is better than whatever curse you’ve been living with? And then saying that that curse is what defines you? I think he feels like it’s something outside of him that controls him, that makes him do wrong at times. He can choose to be good, but it doesn’t even matter what his choice is. I’ve been there.


“It's hard to keep peace/
Thou shall not steal, but I will to eat”


And so would you.


And I will always respect the soul of a man who wrote and recorded these words:


“Looked the wrong way, I've done some wrong things

Kept a bad attitude, but that's what wrong brings.

And now you mean to tell me that after all this time,

it was you that kept the dog from goin' out of his mind?

It was you that breathed life, into my lungs when I was born?

And it was you that let me know what was right, from what was wrong?

And it was you that let me do what I knew what could be done?

And it was you that gave me a good wife and a beautiful son?

And it's been you speakin' to me inside my mind?

And it's been you who has forgiven time after time?

It was you who opened my eyes so I could see?

And it was you who shined yo' light on me?”




I’m StarPower, and I approve this message.

No comments: