Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Random Encounters Series - Part 1

I gave Michael Wright a pound in a Midtown lounge Saturday night. He's the guy on the right. You know him - he was Eddie in"The Five Heartbeats," Omar in "Oz," and Raynathan in "Sugar Hill." That's quite a trio of roles in my neck of the woods, so he gets much respect. I aint too cool to act like a fan, not by any means. I smiled in acknowledgement, and he nodded and extended a hand. He actually kinda tried to scoop my ol' lady. As I broke the seal after a few gin & grapefruits/redbulls, he asked her if she thought anyone recognized him (she said yeah, but everyone there was cool), and then invited her to the back to share a bottle of something. She then let him know that the guy he gave a pound was her ol' man, and he fell back. She said he wasn't really tryin' to holler, and by the way he looked, I kinda believed her when she said that he just wanted to chill away from the crowd. With a li'l company. But she's my company, so that wasn't a go! He looked a bit bewildered and on edge, but celebrities, big and small, usually look like that when I see them in normal settings sober.

Just wanted to share that before I forgot.

No comments: