Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One Monkey Don't Stop No Show

In this case, the monkey is graduate school. I've let it take me away from my beloved blog, and all of the other tomfoolery I like to engage in. No longer will I be so neglectful; I will try to update every day. I can tell you now that I'll miss a coupla days, but I won't go a week without giving you an electrifying conclusion.

Soooo...what's been goin' on since we last talked? I see the great George Carlin has passed away. I discovered George the same way I discovered Garry Shandling, through a brilliant, short-lived, self-titled Fox sitcom in the '90s. I remember being a kid, feeling like I was being treated to a half-hour of no b.s. comedy (well, some b.s., it was network television). Before then, I had never noticed this walking middle-finger. If there is any one entity who totally represents what I have been about as a rap artist and as a writer, it is George Carlin. The counter-culture hero's smart, cranky, profane, crude, on-the-money observations inform a lot of my music. He was funny up until the very last HBO special I saw him in.

Electrifying conclusion: Did you know George won 4 Grammy's?! Well deserved I'm sure; he might have been the first person to make me understand that common sense isn't so common. I don't get to sentimental over many celebrity deaths, but I'm kinda sad about this one. Hopefully though, he lived a great, fulfilling life. R.I.P. George - you will be sorely missed.

Met's pulled the trigger on the whole Willie Randolph thing finally. Did it real dirty too, after a win, all the way across the country. Fired him in the wee hours of the morning. Heard they aint like his lack of fire (so overrated in a manager/coach, in my opinion), and that Latino players tuned him out a while ago, preferring to give respect to Tony Bernazard. They fired him and the one staff member he was allowed to bring in.

Electrifying conclusion: Man listen, Willie had one of the best runs in Met history. He never stood a chance. I don't think ownership ever wanted him, especially since he's a Yankee institution. They ran with the whole melting pot thing when he started, but they never really wanted him, Omar did. Then you know what happened - the Latin realized it was him or the Black dude, as far as the white ownership was concerned. Can't blame Omar. He said it was his decision. Mighta been his decision, but he aint have a choice, not one that woulda kept him in his position. Believe that.

Kanye West is still wildin' out. Apparently he held up the Bonnaroo Festival b/c he wanted his Glow In The Dark set to have maximum effect. Meaning he went on at like 4am, hours late. The crowd threw dirt on his name, and threw shit on the stage.

Electrifying conclusion: 'Ye said that the organizers were treatin' him like a stepchild from jumpstreet, and he was waitin' for Pearl Jam to clean up their act before he went on. He said that his payday is cut in half b/c of his show, and his shows put much physical strain on him. He's tryin' to say that he gives his all. Too bad he's known for givin' all of his ego. No one's gonna feel sorry for him. The guy MTV crowned the #1 rapper (I happen to agree, all things considered) is also the #1 a-hole. Whether or not that's really him, that's the image he's manufactured; sometimes it works for him, other times, it ends up like this.



Folks are overreacting to some dumb shit Dumb Imus said recently. Al Sharpton's fool ass jumped all over it too...According to Forbes, there are now 10 million millionaires in the world, for the first time ever. Legal millionaires....Heard about the frog that can sprout claws like Wolverine? - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25346676/... You gotta be crazy to support this -brainwave binoculars - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25374031... Rose goes #1 tomorrow? Or Beasley?...My neighbor definitely thinks I'm cute. I definitely think she knows of what she speaks...We'll talk later. Me and you, not me and my neighbor.



I'm StarPower, and I approve this message.

p.s. - What ever happened to Bobby Hurley?






No comments: