Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Electrifying Return

My summer teacher training is over folks. Yes, New York City is gonna entrust me with the education, emotional, and mental growth of a portion of it's youth. I can't do any worse than what's been done already, right?! I've been thinking about all kinds of classroom related things, such as the colors I'll use to decorate my room (X-Clan status baby - "the red, the black, and the green; with the key - sissieeeeeees!!!"), how my school is gonna react to my "Unforgivable Blackness" tatoo (y'all know I aint wearin' long-sleeves all year; but I can't front, it was certainly a liability at a recent job fair - their loss!), and what kind of homework I'm going to give on the first day (yup, I'm killin' their asses with homework, 'cuz it'll keep them occupied during those dangerous afterschool cartoon hours; first day's homework will be "to ask about me." I'm gonna say, "Does anyone know who Mr. Collins is, besides me being your teacher? No? Then ya betta aks somebody." Any student who doesn't know how I get down, and of course none of them will since it will be my first day, will have to literally ask their parents about me. Confused, their parents will demand to know what the meaning of all this is, I will lie and say I never gave such homework, and a number of wonderfully awkward relationships will begin between me and my students' parents. This is my ingenious plan to facilitate parent involvement.) The training was less intense than I thought it would be, but extremely time-consuming. This blog has suffered as a result, but "T.E.C." is a tough sumbitch, a true reflection of it's creator, and we're bouncing right back. Back to all the culture commentary that most folks are scared to say, waiting for somebody else to say, or probably just don't care about. Many things have occurred since we last spoke, and though I often had the urge to strike up a convo, my attention was usually taken by either academic commitments or the pursuit of pervasive pleasures (courtesy of "Jack Daniels" and the stress heaped upon me by the New York City Teaching Fellows). And oh yeah, I'm getting married. In 2 weeks. So yeah, I've been a li'l busy. But enough about me...


After seeing "Dark Knight" (awesome flick, Heath didn't impress me greatly until the last hour, at which time I concluded that the inclusion of the Joker, as portrayed by the late actor, absolutely made the movie - still can't say he was a better Joker than Jack, but his performance was just as entertaining), me and the soon-to-be wife hit a bar somewhere along the E. 80s that featured beer pong, a waitress who definitely seemed like a potential threesome candidate (kidding, somewhat), and projectors showing the opening events of the 2008 Olympics. Did anyone catch those drummers? My goodness, 2008 of 'em in almost perfect synchronization (synchrosity?), and since the sound was down, and 50 Cent was blasting through the speakers, it seemed like they were drumming to "In Da Club" from where we were sitting. But yeah, it looked mad ill. Not ill enough to make me forget that some athletes are wearing masks b/c of the pollution and in labor camps the government is torturing Falun Gong practitioners, who in my ignorant opinion appear to just be flexible, non-violent, zealots, but who knows what damage they can do with all that flexible, non-violent zeal?

Electrifying conclusion: I'm maaaaad nice in beer pong. On some real shit; if it was an Olympic event, I'd probably try out. The catch is, I hate beer (Shout out Grandad's Nerve Tonic though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNRuiNfjO-Q - that's my shit!). So if I'm not up to having a belly full of hops, I usually designate my partner the team drinker. Small price to pay to be down with a winner...I'm a big Olympics fan in general, but these games just seem unimpressive to me. Maybe it's the Chinese ass-kissing going on on the part of the U.S., who of course is trying to get as much of that Chinese paper as possible, and is shook of potential beef with China. Maybe it's the fact that there's no Marion Jones or Michael Johnson-like character going for some ill feat (then again, I take that back, Michael Phelps is THE MAN, and I wish him luck). Mabye it's the fact that I don't know what hot female competitors to follow and look for accidental nudity pics of. Anyone got any suggestions? Email me at dirtyoldmenwhoarenotevenoldmenyet@stopjudgingme.com.

Random thoughts before I forget...Brett Farve is gonna throw 80 interceptions as a Jet and further tarnish his legacy, but still be an upgrade over Pennington and Clemens...They really need to stop giving us 15 cents worth of chips in a bag that should cost 25 cents, but costs 50 cents...I'm drivin' now folks! Got my first parking ticket and all that. Giving back my first car though (1995 Cutlass Cierra), she just hasn't treated me good enough. I got real aggressive in a matter of 1 week. Seriously. I was a mad safe driver before I found myself driving all over the Bronx, Harlem, and Yonkers for a week. That'll do it!...I'm dying to do karaoke, who's down?...Clay Aiken had a kid with a 50 year chick he's not fucking; they did it thru art-insemi. Apparently the kid was born @ 8:08 on 8/8/08. Do what you will with all that info...I've been a major Maggie Gyllenhaal fan since "Secretary" (I'm definitely into that kinda shit), but she was underwhelming in Dark Knight...Oh shit, did y'all here about "Anonymous?" The group out to destroy the Scientologists (who are maaaad more gangsta than I figured they were)? Maxim, that bastion of mature, objective, and noble journalism, has an ill article on them. They did a Youtube video in response to that INSANE Tom Cruise Scientology video that was leaked. Go do some surfing and check it all out, I'm too lazy to post a link right now...Nah, here ya go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ - doesn't do justice to the story though...

Bernie Mac passed away at 50 due to complications from pneumonia. Sucks. He was one of the greatest entertainers ever, in my opinion. Pure funny. It seems like many great black entertainers die young, and I'm not talking about violently. I mean the Bernies, and Luthers, and Gerald Leverts, and Gregory Hineses. I don't know why, but at least the world got to enjoy their immense talents.
Electrifying conclusion: Those herbs who heckled Bernie when he made a MAD funny off-color joke at an Obama fundraiser need to grow some nuts. Even if they were women. If they were men, God help them. Y'all already know how sick I am of these gay-ass straight men running around, all sensitive and in tune with their feminine sides. Shit, I know gay niggas who are straighter than these gay-straight niggas runnin' 'round here! Sometimes I feel like I'ma be the first nigga to gay-bash straight niggas (said the Mr. Overdo It). I ain't got a problem with gays, but with straights who are afraid to act like men. Anywaaay, R.I.P. Bernie, you're being missed already.

Yoooo, did y'all see the whole John Edwards affair scandal?! Dude was smashing another chick while running for president, while his wife was sick wit cancer! This is what the AP said about Johnnie - Nine years ago, John Edwards had this to say about Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky affair: "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter." That was mad corny of him, even if he didn't have his own dalliance. It aint no guy's place to crap on another dude in that situation. That's some woman shit. (Damn, maybe I am a chauvinist pig, Rita). Gotta love the way he described his mindstate at the time: "I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic." Do we now apologize for such things? I didn't get the memo.

Electrifying conclusion: From the Clinton denouncement to the weak explanation to the fact that he announced this shit during the start of the Olympics to deflect attention from it, this was a really pussy extramarital affair admission. New York Gov. David Patterson set the standard for how to go about doing it. It was g(-enius, -angsta, -reatness) how he announced his right after Eliot did, on some "A nigga can't look too bad in comparison to this fool if I announce my indescretions right after." While Johnnie was fathering kids and Eliot was grossly overpaying for the pussy, Dave's blind ass was banging out colleagues at the Days Inn uptown. A champion in my eyes. As far as Johnnie, I feel kinda bad, b/c it aint easy being committed. You spend a lotta energy trying not to fuck up a good thing. It's the war of happiness vs. pleasure. The wife provides happiness; the slide, the jump, the affair, the one-night stand, provides pleasure. Then again, sometimes the side thang ends up becoming wifey, which turns everything upside down. I know this all too well. My soon-to-be wife was initially a one-night conquest, on both sides. You never know, do you?

My mind is the subway, full of insane characters, open to anyone with $2...Really, America? Latvia beat you? Seriously?...Miley Cyrus admitted to an intense love affair with Nick Jonas. They're 15 years old. Bet he smashed...Guys my lady says "can get it" - T.I., Matt McConaughey, L.L. Cool J., Will Smith, Morris Chestnutt, Keanu Reeves, and most of all - Boris Kodjoe. Guys, you can't get mad at ya lady for disclosing such things. Chicks, even if they are committed to you, wanna get it in too. If they didn't, how would we ever get any vag?...Jay premiered a track off of his upcoming "Blueprint 3." The series has been stellar so far, better than his "In My Lifetime" series if you ask me, so it has a lot to live up to. I think Jay's game though. This joint is fire - http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2857. Til next time, y'all know what it is...


I'm StarPower, and I approve this message.

No comments: