Friday, May 30, 2008

Man Dated Reporter Part 2

Well, as I sat waiting in the Chinese store for an msg and broccoli, I received a call telling me that the student I just wrote y'all about was flipping out in the office, and my presence was requested because her and I have a relationship. She was gone by the time I reached the office, but I was able to talk to the ACS worker. Gave her some details, some #s, and kept it moving. Hopefully, a parent or guardian will come in on Monday. This sucks.

This is unrelated, but related. I got a fade haircut yesterday (it's the new ol' skool!) which is what you see on the right (mine is very similar, but that aint me). In conjunction with my jewelry, tatoos, red-black-green wristbands, swagger, and babyface, you better believe I don't look like the head of any school program. So usually at the school, staff members not familiar with me react one of 5 ways initially:

1. Dismiss me, with no plans to ever take me seriously (stuffy whites and stuffy older black/hispanic women teachers).

2. Dismiss me at first, then give up respect when I speak (stuffy older black/hispanic women, young teachers).

3. Approach me cautiously, but with an open mind, until I give them a reason to make a decision as to what kind of relationship they want to have (mostly older black/hispanic men).

4. See me as an interesting addition to the school, and like to joke and talk with me as a way of livening up the day (young black/hispanic men and older non-teacher women, free-spirited whites).

5. Look at me surprised, intrigued, and turned on (young black women).


Why is this related to what I was talking about initially? The ACS worker definitely gave me a lot of #5. I could tell she couldn't believe I was the person they were waiting on, was turned on, and wanted to continue the discussion in an unsupervised stairwell. Though she looked like she could use a little awesome in her life, I was way more concerned about my favorite student, I'm engaged to a Pink Dragon, and I've been a little low on awesome lately. I still have a disproportionately huge amount compared to your average human, but I need to be careful who I'm just giving away awesome to.


Straight. Cheese.


I'm StarPower, and I approve this message.

1 comment:

Sherisa D said...

i approve too...lol.
ur my fave.